A bot or Discord bot is an AI program that can do whatever you want with it, from welcoming new members to adding memes and songs to your server. It can perform a list of automated tasks you want to perform, and you can customize it to your liking.
You can add a discord bot to your server, or if you’re a coding enthusiast, you can make your bot do whatever you want. To create a Discord bot, you must first create it and register it using the Guild. Once you have registered your bot, write code using the Discord API and add a list of behaviors you want to perform.
The Discord app is a big boon to the gaming world. It has continuously come up with new features to make the platform valuable to the gaming industry. It has also contributed a lot in terms of communication with its remarkable development over the years.
Creating a Discord bot using the Developer Portal
Read along and find out how you can easily stir up a basic dispute. The tutorial is designed with a beginner level coding in mind, so if you want to add more advanced features to your Discord bot, you’ll have to work on it yourself. Here you will learn all about building a basic discord bot.
#1 Log in to your Discord account
First things first, to create a Discord bot, you need to have an account on Discord. If you already have an account, log in using your valid credentials, but if not, you will need to create an account before proceeding if you are completely new to the platform. Once you are on the platform, you will see a developer portal page.
Build application for API
To get started with the Discord bot, you will first need to create an application that will interact with the Discord API to grant permissions and authenticate tokens. Follow the steps given below to apply quickly.
- Once you are on the developer portal, click on the application label from the list of options.
- After that, you need to select new application Button.
- After the above step, you will be asked to give a name to your application.
- Set the name as you like and then select to create To save changes.
- Once the changes are saved, you will see information about your application on the new screen.
- To get started with your bot, select the tab labeled Bots in the upper-left corner of the menu option.
a bot. to make
To create a bot and customize it with the commands of your choice, you must first create a bot user. Follow the steps below and quickly create a bot user in just a few minutes.
- Once you are on the bot screen in the Discord app, locate the Add bot button on the right side of your device screen.
- When you confirm that you want to add a new bot user to your application, you will be redirected to a new screen with the bot user details.
- If you take a look at the name of your new bot user, you will see that his name is the same as that of your application. If you want, you can change its name (BotTutorial) and move on.
form a guild
A guild or server is a group of channels that a discord user creates to host its members for conversation and general discussion. Take a look at the steps below to learn how you can easily create a guild.
- Go back to your Discord home page and select the ‘+’ icon in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Once you select Add a Server, you will have two options: Create a server, and the second to . is join a server.
- Select Create a Server, and then enter the name you want to give to your server or guild.
- Once you have successfully created your guild, you will see your channel on the left side of the screen and users on the right side of the screen.
#2 Inviting your bot to join the guild
Before you start showing your bot with code, the last step is to add your bot to the guild you just created. To do so, read and follow the simple steps given below carefully.
- To add your bot to the Guild, you need to use the OAuth2 protocol.
- Go back to the Discord developer portal and select the OAuth2 button on the left side of the screen.
- The next step is to give your application bot user access to the Discord API.
- Go to the bottom of your screen and again select bots and admin scope and bot permissions.
- Now that your authorization URL is available, select Copy, right next to your URL.
- The next step is to paste the link into a new tab on your browser and then select the guild you just created from the list of options.
- the last step is to choose authorized, after which your bot will be added to the guild you have successfully created.
#3 Coding a Discord bot using a Python library
To create a discord bot in the Python language, we will use the library discord.py. It is a python library which is helpful in implementing Discord API efficiently. Follow the YouTube tutorial below to learn how you can quickly create a discord bot.
These are easy steps that you need to follow a . have to do when making discord Bot Remember that your bot can act on any order you place. You have to write the code accurately without any errors. Try this method today and let us know how it worked for you.